How To: Make Iced Coffee

7/26/2015 goodbyegone 0 Comments

I've been debating making this post for a while, just because there are already so many posts about this. However, when I started making Iced coffee at home it took me a long time to perfect my method and I thought that by sharing mine with you, it may save you a few cups of watery lukewarm coffee :)

Not my pic, credits to whowhatchic.tumblr.com

Step One: Set everything up as if you were making your regular cup of hot coffee. Then, add an extra portion or two of coffee (depending on how many people you're making for). Adding an extra portion of coffee will help counteract the watery taste that you will inevitably get from the icecubes.

Step Two: Once coffee is brewed, pour it into a cup (or more, again depending on how many people) so that it will cool down. I usually brew my coffee as soon as I wake up so that it will be cooled down by the time lunch comes around. However, if you prefer to have your iced coffee first thing in the morning, brew it the night before.

Step Three: Once your coffee has reached room temperature, prepare it as you would your normal cup of coffee. However, I like to add a bit of sugar to my iced coffee just for taste but anything you do here is completely up to you.

Step Four: Grab a glass, put some ice cubes in it, pour in your coffee and you're good to go. On a regular day, this is all I'll do but if I want a bit of a treat I'll add some whipped cream to the top and sprinkle some instant coffee on the top.

Disclaimer: My method is done using a filter coffee machine, however I have found that this works best when making with instant coffee too. 


xo, Lauren

0 comments: